RE: Max in hardware?

>>My MTP runs solid either in stand alone mode (for live gigs) or when
connected to my Mac with the USB cable.

  this is my wish list to upgrade my midi interface...currently a
midisport 2x2 with a midiman merger box handling another couple of
inputs.  so this Motu MTP would function for the following things,
yes?

1.  a standard 8x8 midi interface with the midi to computer via usb.

2.  remapping.  i have a rolls midiwizard.  this can be remapped,
which i've done for my jamman (putting all needed prog.changes on
pedals close by to avoid tap dancing), but i wouldn't be opposed to
the midiwizard just being a button pushing interface and all the
magic happens in the MTP.  can i push program change 5 on the midiwiz
and have it be, say, program change 35 out of the MTP?  simple stuff
like that?

3.  i've been wanting to use more midi control over the electrix
boxes i have, plus planning for a future with a repeater.  the
electrix boxes seem to be wanting CC changes to turn things off and
on.  my midiwizard does no such thing from the buttons.  you have to
insert an expression pedal and assign the pedal to the cc#.  move the
pedal forward, it turns on, move it back, it turns off.
yuck.  it's sluggish and unresponsive.  i just want to hit a switch
and have it toggle, if possible.  Could the MTP act as an
interface/interpreter?  Push program change 11 on the midiwiz and the
MTP program interprets that as CC#48 value 127?

forgive any midi naivete, here...  this just seems like a very
interesting piece.  logic has extensive midi interpretation and
remapping (of which i've only scraped the surface).  i'd eventually
like something compact and solid for my live rig.  the esoteric midi
foot controllers all seem to have availability/price vs. features
issues that keep me undecided and frustrated.  could this MTP be a
suitable interface to all of my toys from a simple controller?

can you trade programs/patches on a MTP?

thanks in advance,

rich