Re: Suddenly realizes there's hardware designers here ...

At 2:22 PM -0500 11/10/01, just john wrote:

>MTC Express Specification (subject to change without notice):
>  Package Outline (in, WxDxH)  7.59 x 6.69 x 0.38
>  Weight (oz)    17.0
>
>Too big & too heavy.

Tactex is licensing their smart fabric technology to other
manufacturers. The MTC Express may not in itself be suitable for
guitar-mount but the smart fabric certainly would be. The interface
electronics could be mounted inside a guitar body, or perhaps even in
a remote box with a cable connection to the fabric element. I don't
know the technical limitations of that, but a motivated designer
could certainly make such a thing work.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com