Re: MAX in software

Hi Michael:

Miller Puckette, the same chap who originally developed MAX (along with
David Zicarelli), has had a very MAX-like program for Windows out there
for a few years now. It's called Pure Data. It's open source, too, so it
can be gotten for free at http://www.pure-data.org

It doesn't have as many objects as MAX, nor does it have all the bells
and whistles of MSP, but lots of laptop noise musicians seem to love it.
I've heard it's quite stable.

Cheers,

MHL