Re: --Tim Nelson and crew at Sydneys--

At 10:27 AM 11/14/01 -0800, you wrote:
>And indeed a good time was had by all at
>Sydney's last evening!

Indeed!

>I have no idea what Butch was singing about,

Nor do I! He comes up with much of his stuff through stream of
consciousness, and then he often applies William S. Burroughs/Bryon Gysin
cutup techniques to his words. On his CDs the lyrics are a pretty good
read, but with the eccentricities of phrasing and all that processing it
usually sounds like he's singing in Martian. And a lot of it last night was
a sort of scat-singing where he was imitating the phrases I was playing.
Besides a couple of hours run-through on Saturday, last night was the only
time I've ever played with those guys.

>but Tim was stirring up some some pretty
>courageous loopiness, using everything from
>deeply pitch-shifted flute to Theremin,
>electric guitar, samplage, etc.  Lots of
>tasty treatments, Tim!  Thanks, also, for the
>tour of your rig!

You're welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

>And somewhere there's a photo of multiple
>(OK....two) LD t-shirts standing side by
>side to be forwarded on as a postcard from
>New England loopers.

I haven't seen the photos yet, but I'll scan 'em tomorrow and forward the
t-shirt shot to Jason. I'm looking forward to seeing other shots of the
shirts roll in from far-flung places!

>Unfortunately i had to duck out before much
>of the Pine Tree State Mind Control set at
>the end of the evening.  What was that like?

It was pretty wild! What was in that 'fog juice', anyway? Some pretty nasty
shaving nicks, too, which I won't attempt to describe. (Eric's on the list
now; see, having the URL on the t-shirts DOES come in handy!)

-t-