Re: Survey: Ideal looping/live FX software situation for Mac ?

At 5:37 PM +0000 11/15/01, Os wrote:
>the price being the same, I'd guess it would come down to MAX being more
>powerful/flexible but reaktor having a nicer GUI - but I'm only guessing
>as
>I've never used MAX.

I've just Max but not Reaktor, and my impression is similar. That's
not to say that you can't build a nice GUI in Max - I've certainly
seen some.  Reaktor will probably be a much quicker program to learn,
and it's optimized more as a synthesizer and effects processor
construction kit. Max/MSP provides the basic DSP objects you'll need
but will require more work, but at the same time it offers a very
deep and flexible capability for building control structures.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com