No Subject

it was written by:

From: PaulPokr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:23:32 EST
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Stupid Microphone Question

> Hey, all:
> Someone was telling me about a local studio in Pittsburgh where the proprietor stated that he
> uses microphones that cost $15,000 each. What mikes would cost that much? I've seen German
> mikes for $4-5K. Is this person B.S.'ing?

maybe he's just passing on the bs that he fell for when he paid that much for that "matched pair of SM-57s..." or that he's trying to justify charging you up the wazoo so's he CAN buy something over the top.

believe it or not, you can drop just for an old (*whoops! did i mean "vintage"??) $7K for an M-49, and even more for C12s and los obscuros bottle style east european jobs.

and, if their power supplies are in crummy shape and their tubes are past prime, who knows? that pair of 57's might be lookin better & better!

so when you're ready for that calrec soundfield mic...

++++++++
just what the world needs....
another frikkin url