Re: just beginning need help

An acquaintance of mine mics his didges for looping using a Radio Shack PZM
that's been removed from its square zone plate and mounted a few inches
inside the end of the didge (the far end, not the beeswax mouth end). It's
remarkably isolated from bleed.

A while back, I posted a question regarding finding an XLR-equipped volume
pedal to prevent bleed on the SM57 in my rig. Since I never did locate one,
what I finally ended up doing was to plug the mic into one side of a
MidiMan Audio Buddy preamp, then from there to a regular volume pedal, then
to a Fostex processor set up for 'verb on one side and pitch shift on the
other, and then on into two channels of my mixer. It works very well; when
I want hands-free control of what enters the loop via the mic, I just use
the volume pedal. I  use regular monitors, making sure to position them out
of the mic's pickup field just like you would for a vocalist.

-t-