O.T. Iranian Music Theory books

Hi all. I've come in contact with an iranian cultural association, and the president of this association asked me to compose some music (a crossover between Occidental music and Iranian (persian) folk songs) for a cd for the association, and now I'm looking to find some texts (I already have some Iranian devotional and classical music cds, mostly Santoor players or rythms,but also some violin music and other) regarding the theory and the development of this music. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? I've found many things about musical instruments. but very little about music theory, so...

Thanks in advance for the help

Peace
Luigi