Re: CV OT Test Department

At 8:44 AM -0800 12/14/01, rich wrote:

>Richard, thanks for the cool story and techno gadgetry!  wow,
>playing with Test Department circa '85...at that time they were one
>of my absolute faves.  "the unacceptable face of freedom" remains in
>my cd collection and is still played...awesome record.

As a fan of Test Department you may appreciate knowing that they were
a really great group of guys. I was in London for two weeks, staying
at Some Bizzare founder Stevo's house, and I spent a good deal of
time with Angus and the rest of the group. If you're interested, I
can relate the story of the night the burglar alarm went off while we
were alone in Stevo's house.

>Diamanda scared me too much around that time, i must confess

She scares a lot of people, especially former boyfriends and certain
impressarios. I met her in 1978, lived with her briefly in '80, and
worked with her until '85. I produced the backing tapes for a couple
of pieces (heavy loopage on Panoptikon), and did two records. We
toured in North America and Europe 1982-85.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com