Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V01 #719

do you have anything online, where i can hear what you do?  i'm not
trying to be too sarcastic...i just have a hard time with this "oh my
god, that stuff totally sucks".  if it blows that hard, why are they
showing up in professional player's rigs?  are they as tone deaf as i
am, digging on the fact that i can get a pretty kick ass sound
without turning an amp up to saturation point and rattling the walls?

a marshall (4x12 celestion's and all) can sound like shit at bedroom
volumes....a POD/Flextone can sound like shit at club volumes, if not
tweaked for such use.

Hi all,
I have received quite a bit of response with my doodling here so it must
be
subject of great interest....would like to elaborate more on this but
maybe
it's getting a bit too much OT. I'll just add what I just wrote to Jim
about the Marshall sounds in his Pod:

Jim, I don't agree. It's an impersonation of that type of tone, and a very
cluttered and undynamic one on top of that. I would almost take a bet
about
how long the bean-shaped hype will last (I see them used for very cheap
already). But then, that's just the opinion I have to have since I threw
my
exclusive Mesa/Boogie Rack over the cliff in favour of old school single
channel tube amps a couple of years ago. It's almost a Kurzweil vs.
Steinway type of debate. If you are getting great sounds, by all means go
ahead!

andreas