Re: FIRST LOOPING MEMORIES

Mark Landman wrote:

<But seeing Fripp do his Frippertronics thing live at the Mabuhay Gardens
(an old punk rock icon) in July of 1979 was a powerful experience.>

Wow, Mark, reading yours and Max's posts really made me feel nostalgic
and......................

..........I was at the same Frippertronics gig at the Fab Mab in '79!!!!

 Amazing!!!

I screwed up my courage and went up to talk to Fripp (who was like a major
god to me then----he's still kind of a minor deity to this day) and waited
until everyone talked to him and approached him.   I had studied with
Gregory Bateson in college and his name came up and we ended up having this
pretty long conversation about Summerhill and alternative education.  He
was
really nice and genuinely seemed to care about what I had to say.  I was
impressed by his
'realness' (he, after all, was a god :-).

ah............as Bill McNeil would say in News Radio,  "Good times....good
times?

Rick Walker (loop.pool)