Re: FIRST LOOPING MEMORIES

My first personal looping experience was around 1975, and a high school
buddy had set up a couple of two track tape machines in his living room and
I got to plug in my key lime colored gretsch anniversary and experience the
magic. Later perhaps around 1984 I saw Paul Drescher do the same thing with
a modified tape machine at the Kuumbwa Jazz  Center in Santa Cruz, very
cool. Also, sometime in the mid to late eighties I remember seeing David
Torn at the winter NAMM show demo-ing for Yamaha, though I can't seem to
recall if he was looping or not. I do remember him being very musical. This
is not often the case at NAMM shows, which seem to glorify wanking, and
this was in the "Big Hair" eighties when shred was king. He was also very
open with his knowledge and very patient with everyone, no matter how
rudimentary the questions.
chillyb