Re: Subject: Get your looping music on ther airwaves (Was OT: CD-promo)

Title: Re: Subject: Get your looping music on ther airwaves (
At 1:22 PM -0500 12/19/01, AaroneousAG@aol.com wrote:

okay, what's up with the ambient death-polka thing?  This was something I used to say when someone would ask what kind of music I played "Oh, you know, your standard death-metal-ambient-polka".  That was until about a month ago, when someone told me that there actually WAS a death-metal polka band on the west coast (forgot the name - Dr.Z?)

There's a "polka till you puke" band named Polkacide, from San Francisco.

        http://www.polkacide.com

Critical Details

* " ... explosive mix that sounds like the Sex Pistols on kishka!" ... Barfly Newspaper - Chicago, 4/2000

* "... an astounding performance by San Francisco- based ten-piece Polkacide. ...the `Cide rocked the Burning Man ..." Strobe Magazine

* " And right on the cutting edge of this most misunderstood of polyrhythms is San Francisco's Polkacide, America's premier hardcore polka band." ...Amy Linden, Spin Magazine

* " It's like a disease...no, it's like an apocalypse...no, it's like your worst nightmare of a Midwestern family reunion! It's Polkacide." ... Music Calendar, S.F. Chronicle

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com