Re: Expectations, artifice, and a hell of a can of worms

Having not looped out live for over 5 years now I can't say I miss the
experience at
all.The sad fact is that audiences (small,large,paying,
nonpaying,adoring,hateful,etc.)
are made up of humans that for the most part are used to a "non-real time"
life experience being the norm for them in the modern world. Whether it's
their food or
choice of art,etc. it's just the nature of how capable they are of "being
here now" in
the midst of all this. For music particularly the truth of the matter is
that
if people
are uncomfortable at all with the listening experience it translates into
dislike of
the artists work rather than a call to explore some evolution of thought
on
part of
the listener.After all..particularly if you paid money for the artwork in
question shouldn't it be something you'll like or enjoy, even if you have
take it to the extreme of say Bill Murray's character in "Little Shop of
Horrors", enjoying the
truly unenjoyable as it where?:^) The perils and consequent musical
thrills
available
from looping are as present for me in my basement as they have ever been
in
any
"live performance" situation I've encountered...minus of course driving,
parking, and the increased chance of having my gear stolen/damaged/etc.
I've
played in configuarations from duos to 18 member ensembles and looping
still
does the most
for me in a musical sense. Money? I work in an industrial laundry for
that,
no need to
pimp out the best "personal truth through art" I can experience..... for a
buck.

My  -2 cents worth.....happy new year.

                                                    bryan helm