Canned hell for worms (also gig spam)

Loopbozo@aol.com wrote on Sunday, December 30, 2001 10:50 AM
<Having not looped out live for over 5 years now I can't say I miss the
>experience at all.The sad fact is that audiences (small,large,paying,
>nonpaying,adoring,hateful,etc.)are made up of humans that for the most
>part
are used to a "non-real time"
>life experience being the norm for them in the modern world.

Yeah--like I said to Carl at Cakewalk, it's tough to compete with a
sequencer.  For that reason, I have decided to bring along 40 songs
sequenced on an MP3 player to satisfy the need for a fuller sound to my New
Year's gig (phone number 858-486-0764; no cover), but I still plan to forgo
computer backup and try to make the looper carry to brunt of my backup
needs.
And that is what I want.  I want these tools to help me in my attempt to
entertain.  Not everybody is as fascinated with delays and instrumental
music as I have become in my musical journey (my sweetheart says, "Not
everybody likes repetition"), but they all want to be entertained.  So I
will do the best job of that I can with the tools available to me tomorrow
night.  The flyer for my gig doesn't say "looping", or even "one man band",
so all they expect is live music (it does say, "50's, Rock, Popular and
folk", so they can expect that).  The backup is for me, not them--they
don't
care about the music (as such), but more about having a good time.  My job
is to have a good time with them (as MC) and provide a soundtrack for that
experience.  In this case, it's gonna be acoustic guitar, vocal and drum
machine.   We'll see if they notice the Echoplex.
And for those of you who can make it, be advised that the "buffet" is
actually a potluck, starting at 7 PM, so bring a "canned" loop dish
(Spaghetti-O's?) 8^/
Respect,
Gary
PS  AN-DRE!  AN-DRE!  AN-DRE!  AN-DRE!  AN-DRE!  AN-DRE!