Silence in Looping

<snip>
Coltrane once told Miles Davis he found it hard to stop playing sometimes
and what could he do about that issue. Miles' reply was "Take the
horn out of your mouth". Helpful advice for looping?.....mmmmight be.
bryan helm (Loopbozo@aol.com)

This is so cute!  And great advice--I searched the Web and found it at
http://ilovejazz.tripod.com/jazz/johncoltrane.html
Also at http://www.rarevinyl.net/m_davis.htm as "I just get carried away, I
get these ideas which just keep coming and coming and sometimes I just
can't
stop". Miles laconically replied; "Try taking the motherfucker out of yo'
mouth".

I do find it difficult sometimes to know where I am in a loop if I turn it
down too much . . .
Gary