Re: Bad Repeater Experience (Rant)

>I'm just about ready to purchase a repeater or an echoplex, and all
>these bad things I keep hearing about the repeater makes me wonder. But
>the people who have repeaters that have no problems seem to love them.
>I'm scared. I dont want to get a lemon. Is anyone having problems with
>their echoplex? Thanx, Bill

To be honest, after the software issues were resolved in vs. 1.1, I
have hardly heard any hardware related problems.  Sure, every company
puts out a bad unit every now and then.  Search the archives about
the Echoplex Digital Pro.  I've seen tons of hardware and software
issues, but I'm sure they're the exception, not the rule.  I'd buy on
what features I wanted, not on which unit will be more reliable.  I
think they're both great pieces of gear as far as that goes.  If
you're really worried, buy it locally and make them get you a unit
and take it out of the box and plug it in before you take it home.
I've done that at the Guitar Center, as they suck.

Mark