Did you see this? NYC Loop conference...

At 7:13 AM +0000 1/18/02, lowercase-sound@yahoogroups.com wrote:
>Message: 15
>    Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:06:47 -0500
>    From: Jeff Morey <jm11@nyu.edu>
>Subject: Fwd: Electronic Music/Sound Conference
>
>  >this saturday in nyc:
>  >
>  >>NET ART NEWS January 16, 2002       Get into The Loop       This
>Saturday, at
>  >>P.S. 1, why not attend a panel and performance that explores
>electronic
>  >>music and sound and the concept of the loop in this creative field (in
>  >>conjunction with the current exhibition on...you guessed it...the
>loop)?
>  >>Entitled ìAfter the Loop: Post-Techno and the Logic of Repetition,î
>the
>  >>event will address the latest in glitch aesthetics and new beats.
>  >>   Panelists ñ who will demo work too -- include: Philip Sherburne
>  >>(The Wire, Newmu.net, XLR8R, CMJ New Music Monthly), Taylor Deupree
>  >>(12k/LINE Records), Jason Williams aka Velocette (Parallel Records),
>Chris
>  >>Sattinger aka Timeblind (Orthlorng Musork), and Todd Hyman (Carpark
>  >>Records). Itís free, at 4:30pm.
>  >>http://www.ps1.org/cut/press/loop.html
>  >

Best regards,
Eric

---------------------
Eric Leonardson: http://pages.ripco.net/~eleon

Upcoming Performances:

"5 by 5" Grant Strombeck -electronic pick-up sticks on drums and
cymbals; Eric Leonardson -springboard; Greg O'Drobinak -Number 4
instrument; Nick Sondy -bass and electronics; Bob Falesch -laptop.
Saturday January 19th @ 9:30, at The Nervous Center 4612 N. Lincoln
Ave., Chicago, (773) 728-5010.

Plasticene's "And So I May Return." Opening February 23, 2002 at the
Viaduct, 3111 N. Western Ave. in Chicago. For more info call (312)
409-0400.