Re: guitar synth opinions/experience/etc.

At 1:44 PM -0500 1/27/02, JIMFOWLER@prodigy.net wrote:
>anybody got any suggestions for a guitar synthesizer?
>roland 33 looks nice, but i'd like some experienced
>opinions if you don't mind.

As an aside (I have no experience with the Roland guitar
synthesizers), I'm using a Roland-ready Strat with a Yamaha G50 (same
neural net technology as the Axon). The tracking is very good. My
preferred tone module is the Yamaha VL70m physical modeling synth. I
have five of them and will have one for each string as soon as I can
find another one at the right price. I also have a Peavey CybeBbass
(no longer made), which has wired frets. I use it mainly with the
CyberBass tone module.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com