FW: EDP and Repeater Use

Original msg from Per:

> EDP is the master clock. The cool thing is that you can stop everything a
> long press on the rec pedal while playing an "instrument fill".

This is actually the coolest idea I've heard yet in using these in tandem!

The thing I have yet to grasp is how the EDP interprets tempo when it is
the
clock master. Is there anything on the manual on that?  What is considered
bar or a time signature or tempo when your EDP loop is 3, 10 or 30 seconds?
And how does the RPTR interpret this?

> Interesting! I'm planning to do it your way when recording this rig into
> Logic. But I will also try out the other way; syncing Logic as well to
>the
> EDP master clock while recording both audio and tempo changes. I like the
> idea of  starting off improvisations on the "human side", byt still
>having
> the possibility to ad stuff later in Logic - then hard synced to the
> improvised tempo changes.

I've been in an instant-gratification rut recording loops synced to drum
machines, but the few times I've done it free has been very gratifying.

I'm a Logic user too. Please share what you find. That sounds like a
powerful approach.

One of the (good :-) problems I have is figuring out the best way to set up
all my midi instruments via my long-ago-maxed-out Midi Time Piece (daisy
chaining the rest). One of the reasons I ask so many questions rather than
just experimenting is that I'm trying to figure out what additional
hardware
I need, or best way to route my existing hardware. I may stick the loopers
directly in the MTP and let the synths be daisy chained after hearing about
these pros/cons!

Lets keep the talk flowing on using these beasts together!

Neil