Re: Can I be loopy too?

rich@nuvisionsca.com writes:

>this sentiment has been brought up many times recently.
right.

>that we
>should buy now, because these product might not be around much
>longer.  this is really discouraging.
indeed.

>this "get it before it's gone"
>mentality kindof sucks with high dollar items that would require
>specific support and repair if it went haywire.
true, but:
my sentiments stand.
having been involved with/paying attention to/ & occasionally evangelising
'hardware looping' for a moderate while, it is natural for *me* to worry
about the future of both the EDP & Repeater..... two shining moments in
our
dusty little corner of the musical hardware shop, imo.
dude:
there just aren't a whole hell of a lot of developers/manufacturers
busting
down the doors of loopers' delight, hungry for ideas..... and sales.

and --- a small reminder of loopers past (& passed).....
a) EH 16-second delay --- some people still use 'em, regardless of
specific
support and repair.
b) Lexicon pcm42 --- (a *really* high-dollar item) --- some people still
use
'em, regardless of specific support and repair.
c) Lexicon Jamman --- some people still use 'em, regardless of specific
support and repair.

mon deux centimes, c'est tout; sorry for that.
best,
dt / splattercell