RE: good processor for weird sounds, etc.?

Right on! Pitchshift boxes work great. I sometimes put the digitech whammy
&/or a old Boss PS box after the loops & bend away...

My main post-loop processors are a Lexicon Vortex>LXP-1 combo or Lexicon
PCM
80 w/ pitch card. The prices for all of these are starting to go down on
eBay

Cheers
LOU