Re: good processor for weird sounds, etc.?

David Coffin wrote...
> ... and my GT-5....  I know, I know, it's billed as a guitar
processor/amp-sim, but I've upgraded these features with a GT-6 and a
DG-Stomp (neither of which come close with built-in fx)...That 5 is a
killer
effector, complete with internal LFO and one-shot ramp modulator, a short
(1.8ms) but effective looping delay, mono-synth voices, the incomparable
"intelligent" Ring Mod mode (which makes outstanding clearly-pitched bass
sounds) and a very configurable version of Slow Gear (both these suck,
comparatively, on the GT-6), plus an external i/o loop, all in an
infinitely-reorderable signal path with powerful EQ, wah, and formant
filters, pan-chopper, noise-reduction and compression/limiting...and
reverb'n'chorus, of course. GT-5s are now being widely blown out and dumped
because the GT-6 is so much better at basic guitar/amp sounds, but the 5
was
the FX king, make no  mistake...I can't make these gargling, schreechy,
flickering boom'n'sizzle noises quite as well any other way...

I'll second this... I've used my GT-5 for post production, vocal verbs and
fx... acoustic guitar. All the real-time control is amazingly easy to edit
and somehow they managed to make the scaling parameters deeper than nearly
everyone elses boxes.

Floor controller and footswitches and dsp in a shoulder bag. The best
direct
box I've ever seen.

Best,
-Miko