Re: Handsonic looping (was Re: finally, loop NY)

>on 2/8/02 10:01 PM, just john at just-john@just-john.com wrote:
>
>> I'd consider bring my Handsonics and a laptop (jhno's Looper software or
>> similar) -- I figure it would complement all you guitarists.
>
>Have I missed something on the list regarding good looping software to use
>with the Handsonic? Is this MIDI based looping or audio based looping?

What I was proposing was audio looping.

However -- and I was experimenting with this last night -- one can use the
onboard sequencer for looping of one part of the sequence.  There's even
something to allow you to keep it in record mode but not actually record
what you're playing.  So you record a little something, put it in this mode
to play along, then back to recording some overlays.

And that's actually sufficient for straight percussion.

Unfortunately, you do have to pause when you switch from one part to
another.  One could cover this transition with audio looping.  A cute thing
about replaying the loop is that both the "melody" parts have on-the-fly
transposition , independent of each other.
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *