Re: contact microphones - how?

>Hello.
>I'm trying to capture sounds from the inside of a "live" object. Someone
>suggested using a contact microphone. Would this be the correct type of
>mic
>to use? Is a contact microphone able to capture audio? How exactly do the
>vibrations translate into audio? I'm just a little confused on what the
>contact microphone actually does. Thanks.
>
>eileen

Here's a link to instructions on how to make a contact mic very cheaply
(under $20 -- under $10, if you already have a spare cable with only one
working end.)

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/5171/acoustic.piezo.mic.txt

It's the same method I use for my "electric washboard."
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *