RE: EDP-Repeater sync (EDP clock calculation)

At 08:09 AM 2/20/2002, Matthias Grob wrote:
>Jon Wagner brings up:
>8th/beat
>is
>
>Matthias doubts:
>>Or the same question rephrased, what is "too fast" in beats-per-minute?
>>Jon
>
>I dont want to charge the line more than 5%, which is about 1 clock / 6ms
>-> minimum 6*12 = 72ms/8th
>At 8 8th/beat, you get 96 clocks/beat -> minimum cycle time of 72*96 =
>691ms
>
>I understand a beat as a quarter note, so we get 144ms/beat
>-> 1000/144 = 6,93 beats/sec = 416 BPM
>Is that too much for the repeater?

yes. For some reason the top tempo limit on the Repeater is 240 BPM. I
guess that is because they were coming from a dance music perspective
where
music is never faster than that. Personally, having played a lot of jazz
in
the past, I've seen/played a lot of music that was as fast as 300 BPM so
that aspect of the repeater seems like a minor limitation to me.

kim