(Very) Late-Breaking Los Angeles Gig Spam

Hello list,

I'll be doing it live and in public (looping, that is) tomorrow
(Tuesday) night:

Lulu's Beehive
13203 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA
Tuesday, March 5
8:00 - 9:30 P.M.

This is a FREE show; Lulu's is a cool coffee shop in the valley.  I'm
planning on trying out a new approach this gig, using an old Roland drum
machine to send MIDI commands to an EDP to trigger various
function/parameter combinations, and possibly to construct spontaneous
patterns of loop triggerings and commands to send to the EDP right there
and then, as I'm playing (and perhaps recording/overdubbing).  The idea
occured to me yesterday, and I just now plugged the drum machine into
the EDP and mapped some MIDI coordinates, so I have no idea what I'll be
doing with it by tomorrow night.

Obligatory Loopstock report: What a spectacularly great time.  I don't
have time right now to write up a full report, but it was a delight and
a privilege to be there and meet (and hear!) so many great folks.  The
consistency and diversity of the performances (and the crowd in general)
was a very pleasant surprise, and I'm happy to eat my words about the
dangers of the show running into schedule problems -- things were
actually going AHEAD of schedule, somehow.  Hats off to Hans for a
stellar organizational job.

More later,

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com