D-Cell Rocketh The Haus

Great set from Mr. DT-SC on KCRW this morning (but all too brief, in my
mind.)  Had a '70s Miles David vibe to it in many places, I thought (and
in that context, the one chromatic descending chord figure in the one
tune reminded me of "John McLaughlin..." a deliberate quote?)

What a mother of a rhythm section, too.  (Fima's tone...!!!)

Dumb techniqe question here: Sounded to me like one of the first loops
in there was a brief EDP loop spun off a single note, then tweaked with
some unquantized insertmode=replace action.  Am I somewhat close?
(Yeah, I'm a trainspotter.)

For those who missed it, check out http://www.kcrw.org to hear the live
archive.

Great to hear you playing again, Mr. Torn!  (And good news to hear about
the forthcoming Splattercell album, probably on Razor and Tie...)

--Andre