Re: 3/30: open loop open loop open loop open loop

I went to Europe earlier this month.  In my luggage was my Boss GT-5 pedal
in
its original box.  Other things like a European power converter, Akai
Headrush
in its original box, cables, power strip, battery charger, etc. were tucked
inside the GT-5's box.  Next to the GT-5 box was my lap slide guitar.
Basically
a plank of wood, it looked like it would survive the trip.  Happy to say,
this
load of gear survived in tact... as it did last October, too!

Leaving the US, I had no problems.  Leaving Belgium, the inspection was a
bit
more rigorous.  They opened my soprano sax case, took out the sax and
looked it
over, looked for hidden compartments in the case, asked about the
mouthpiece
(it's metal as is its cover), inspected the case that I use to carry my
minidisc
recorder, mic, cables, spare batteries, etc., and looked at the
electronics in
my bum bag (that's fanny pack to you Americans)... while I was in my
stocking
feet.  (I could see their eyes watering!)  I understand why they did this.
 But
it seems like they'd achieve higher security by inspecting with this level
of
screwtiny those who are getting on at a US airport.  Those are the planes
that
were used on 9/11.  By the time a European flight arrives in US air space,
the
fuel tanks are fairly empty by comparison.

Cheers,

Bill        billfox@fast.net           http://wdiyfm.org/programs/emusic