SV: Key equipment (was: Fantasy Patching Exercise #1)

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Greg House wrote:
>
> > This presents an interesting topic for discussion. What do all of you
> > consider "key pieces"?

Well, a real "key piece" of mine is my old Alesis MMT8 sequencer. I use it
to automate panning for two Repeater tracks (sound clip at
http://loopboy.tk ). This is a subtle effect but I like it a lot, since it
doesn't take the attack out of the guitar sound. And it can be used on
anything, not only the guitar. I like to play sax as well and I also have
this, yet untried, concert concept of hidden microphones bringing audience
noise into my loopers (did this with looong tape loops once and it was very
funny). Oh, I almost forgot to tell that the sequencer is synced to the
repeater - so all that rhythmic panning will follow any crazy tempo changes
made.

Best wishes

Per Boysen