Re: Open mics + Looper + Live=Feedback?

Hi Christopher!

Wicked situation...

suggestions:
1) Use as few open mics as possible.  Perhaps one wireless mic that you
wear
is better than several stationary mics.
If you can, keep unused mics off or padded down.  I use the pad switches on
my Tascam board.  (Most of the time I actually remember to unpad them
before
I use them...)

2) Keep the mics away from your monitors.  At least have the "dead-side" of
the mics pointed at the monitors.  If possible, use headphones or earphones
to monitor.

3) Keep the monitor volume as low as possible.  I find small,
mic-stand-mounted monitors work better than floor monitors, at least as far
as reducing feedback.

4) Stay behind the house speakers.

Hope this helps.

Dennis Leas