Re: Subharmonic Synth

>for whatever it's worth... i have the dbx unit with the wood sides (the
>earlier , non-tweakable version) and i think it sounds great. i had a
>client
>in the studio last month with the cosmos, and while it had some strong
>points, it was still PEAVEY, (that is to say it almost worked great...)
>
>the dbx is a lot less flexible but actually sounds great.. in my opinion..

I have the later, more tweakable DBX unit, and it also sounds great.
It's very handy for adding subtle heaviness to a mix w/out becoming
overbearing, I've used it to master a number of bass-weak mixes.
Also, I use it regularly on kick drum and bass, particularly when I'm
feeling Laswellian...
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org