Peavey (was:Re: eletrix filter factory question)

Hey,

I used to have the same attitude about Peavey, having sold it during the
early and 80s.  In 1989, I was looking for an inexpensive bass.  I tried
every singel bass in the
$500 range, and was mostly unimpressed.  I didn't even look at the Peavey
because of my past experience.  At the time, the manager of the store
(Banana's At Large in San
Rafael) was in my brother's band, and was a pretty good friend.  He swore
I should check out the Peavey Bass, which was about $250, if memory
serves.  I was blown away.
It was significantly better than anything I had played.  I totally changed
my mind about them at that point.  I still use a pair of KB-60 keyboard
combo amps and they
sound great for most small to medium (cafe sized) gigs.  We played a club
called 26mix last monday, and we all had wished I'd brought those babies
along, as their system
sucked.

Now, is Peavey top 'o the line audiofile stuff?  Not a bit.  However, if
you're going to buy a middle to low pricepoint piece of Fender or Gibson
gear, I'd take a serious
look at Peavey.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, they're stuff built like
tanks, and you're keeping a Mississippian in a job.

Mark Sottilaro