Re: Peavey [makes VERY nice basses]

>> Bottom Line....ain't nuthin wrong with PV. (except it's sometimes hard
>> find the dealers, cause they usually ignore the big chains and focus
>> on the
>> Mom & Pop stores....and that's by their choice too)

I think it's because Peavey does not give volume discounts.  (they
didn't when I worked music retail) That means Joe's Guitar Palace in
Cowville  pays the same amount for a piece Peavey gear that Sam Ash
pays.  Sam Ash doesn't like that, as they're geared to make money on
high volume, not small individules.

(funny somewhat related story) as a skinny 18 year old, I ventured to
NYC's guitar store strip to purchase a Stratocaster, or the equivalent.
I could NOT get a single salesman to help me.  Finally, I stuck a
hundred dollar bill (I CAME TO BUY!) on my forehead (teen face grease is
amazing) and walked around saying, "La la la, I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING."
Finally a laughing guitar god salesman came and helped me.  (I ended up
with a G&L Skyhawk, which I still own and LOVE)

Mark Sottilaro