Re: O.T. Computers

on 4/10/02 3:26 PM, Mark Sottilaro at sine@zerocrossing.net wrote:

> If you don't need the latest, greatest, you can save a couple of hundred
> dollars and still have a nice machine:
>

>http://www.smalldog.com/category/x/x/Power+Macintosh/g3/g4/imac/wag101/wag1000
> 1/

I've had a couple of disasters from these guys, clients who bought from
them
and then ended up in trouble, Smalldog were sourcing their cheap macs from
factories in weird parts of the world, and they only ran on the "z" system
and had problems with cheap parts, I'm staying away.

Mac users are notoriously bleeding edge anyway, all you have to do to get a
cheap mac is wait until the day after they announce a new one and then get
on Ebay or go to outpost.com

While I remember, there are a bunch of really good articles on prorec.com
about building your own audio PCDAW, I think under the title "roll your
own"

Cheers

Andrew