Re: O.T. Computers

CarlJacobson@cakewalk.com wrote:

> In support of the PC platform:
>
> 1. You can get a really powerful PC for a fraction of the cost of a
>powerful
> Mac.

Yes, it is true that Wintel boxes are cheaper, but the time you spend
trying to
get them to work correctly will eat up that extra $250 in no time.  BTW,
you
can't measure mhz between platforms, as Macs use a RISK processor.  I've
raced
my friends 1 gighz PC compressing an .aif file into an .mp3 and my 400 mhz
Mac
was nearly the same.

> 2. PC's have the lion share of the marketplace.  Most software developers
> now develop their products for the PC first, and then mac (if ever).

that's just not true.   Almost all pro level software exists for both
platforms, and most are already out for OSX.  Music companies are a bit
behind,
but there's Deck and MOTU has committed to an OSX version of Digital
Performer
out later this year.

> 3. Cakewalk software is only available for the PC :)

Unless you consider Metro the Macintosh audio/midi program that Cakewalk
distributes.