Re: G4 and digi001? (was O.T. Computers)

I use a G4 733 with an antique Korg 1212io as my music computer.
Logic Audio is my main audio and MIDI app. I added 1gig of RAM, and
the system basically rocks. I recently finished mixing a CD for a
Tool/Incubus style metal band, with sessions that had as many as 36
tracks, mostly mono but some stereo. Had some problems with disc
speed at the beginning, when I was just using the internal 5400rpm
drive, but after adding a 2nd 7200 rpm IDE drive, had no problems, I
suspect I could get quite a few more tracks now. Used Logic's
internal plugins and VST effects for most of the processing other
than reverb. I don't have experience with the DIGI001, but can attest
to the fact that the G4 733 is an excellent computer for music.