MIDI magic - solicitation for ideas.

My partner in crime and noisemaking is a pretty savvy software engineer
and we stumbled into a MIDI application building tool called MIDI Share (
http://www.grame.fr/MidiShare/index.html ).  Out of the recent Dallas
Loopers' Guild meeting (I'm very glad we got together), came an idea for a
program that could spit out random (but maybe synced) MIDI commands to the
Repeater (or EDP or whatever) making the beast a spontaneous collaborator
in your music making.  This started an avalanche of ideas: one button push
activates a quick, clock-synced stutter (essentially like hitting the
"Start" button over and over), pitched down in semi tones or scale tones
at specific intervals.  Setting up MIDI note sequences to control my
Filter Factory to create pulsing, in-key (or not!) filter sequences (ala
as was demonstrated in the AdrenaLinn demo).  Many, many more.

So, as we embark on this adventure (and we will begin this weekend), I'd
love to hear some ideas from you guys as to what you might want a Big Bag
MIDI Brain to do.  From the description, it looks like MIDI translate,
scheduling, scripting, syncing and much, much more is possible.

Of course, if Trey and I come up with anything useful, we will be glad to
publish our results to the Looping community.  What a great use for an
older PC--and I have a few lying around.

Lindsay
sonic detritus:
left of eliot
http://leftofeliot.iuma.com