Re: RC-20 review

I'm pretty happy with mine.  It is my first looper, so maybe
my expectations are low.  Certainly it has limited functions,
and in fact I don't use a lot of what it has.  For the
essential record, repeat, and overdub it is fine.

The biggest 'gotcha' is that for many of the functions you
have to stop the loop that is playing and hit the 'write'
button.  The missing function most needed in my opinion is an
'undo'.

There are several lengthy reviews on the Loopers Delight page
for more opinions.

Yours in rhythm,
Steve

I get the impression not a lot of other people use the Boss
RC-20. I got it primarily because it's Boss, had long loops,
and was affordable. Are there other
RC-20 users on the list? Seems like the EDP and Repeater are
most common.

On the whole I like the pedal, esp for the price point (225
used) Things I see holding it back:

+ No midi synch. This seems so easy I can't explain why it's
not on there.
+ Limited time stretch.
+ Also seems to be a minimum loop time (I might not have
learned this properly yet) which won't allow you to get lower
than 1 second. I was hoping to
make sub-second/stuttering loops.

Anyone else have similar experiences or opinions on the pedal?

Ben