Re: Time Lag Accumulator, Frippertronics, Eno

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen P. Goodman" <spgoodman@earthlight.net>

> Not just that.  I recall an article in Musician (I think) with Fripp,
>where
> he described the setup.  In particular I remember him having a
> compressor-limiter in the chain on the way to the first tape deck, and
> saying something about it reducing the accumulation of noise on the final
> tape reel.  After a disasterous first experiment (without a
> compressor-limiter box, just the guitar, fuzz, small stone into the loop)
> with a pair of decks, I completely agreed.  I've got the recording of it
> still, you've got an awful kind of subharmonic drone that increases over
> time and eventually dominates the entire piece.  Underneath this, in time
> with the length of the resulting loop, is a peaking "shiirp!" sound that
> also gets louder and louder over time.

I'm wondering if backing off the "feedback" amount from your mixer
to the 1st deck, might have helped to reduce this "accumulation". (?)
More speculation - perhaps the Small Stone's phase cycle had
a relationship to the loop cycle, leading to the peaking "shiirp!" sound.
(?)

Cheers,
Scott M2

http://www.dreamSTATE.to