a note to david from evan - request for ny musicians to get together to make music!

>...all that i remember is chatting with pedro
> and grace a bit about their setups and what they use
> loopers for, i remember a fretless guitar player who
> had very solid leadership potential, but others
> weren't vibing off of his lead to push things
forward,

>That fretless guitar player was me. Not musical
enough
>for you? ;)

okay, now I know who you are…actually my comments were
more geared around the fact that you were trying to
create a communication link and progress/evolve a jam
into something musical and structured while others
were just making noise on top (which there is nothing
wrong with – but makes me question whether or not
people are just playing with buttons or trying to make
music in the first place…because I’m not interested in
getting together to push buttons…I am VERY interested
in getting together to see how and what kind of music
people are making with this gear and to learn and
teach through playing and watching).  Every time you
would let go of any kind of structure, the full sound
would get lost in a chaotic mesh of unsynched loops
and several locals from the area were gathering
outside peering in looking for aliens (which was quite
entertaining).

You did some pretty cool things and from what I’ve
seen (which wasn’t much), you can play and I’d call
your end product music…however, from what I’ve seen
(which still isn’t much), I don’t understand why you
have such a huge chip on your shoulder and made such
hostile comments towards my playing which you’ve never
heard.  I am very impressed with your use of fretless
guitar as I am a big fan and supporter of anyone
trying to do something different.  And to be totally
and completely honest…from what I saw/heard you do
(which may or may not be a good representation of what
you are capable of) I don’t know where you get off
thinking that you are the end all and have the right
to assume that you are more or less musically inclined
than I or anyone else on this list is…and at this
point, I know that you don’t care about my opinion or
views because you have already written me off as some
clueless person who knows nothing about music (which
is the impression that you’ve given me from your posts
on the subject), but I’m still ready and willing to
jam with you and put all of this bs behind us for the
sake of making music…but again, the ball is in your
court on that one.

And to anyone in NY area, I am still gathering names
to try and pool together gear/gearless…whatever jam
sessions because after all, music is or should be the
bottom line and the general consensus from list and
off list replies that I’ve received, it seems that a
bunch of people are ready to put tastes and opinions
aside to make some music.

>BTW: Pedro & GP. are amazing.....they are
> loopologists supreme!

Which I too picked up and was why I spoke to them.  I
believe I even chatted with you for a moment or two
about your setup, but I still don’t understand the
hostility.

So do you forgive me for my off-color honest comments
about what I’ve seen in and out of performances with
members of this list and not of this list (which had
no bearing on your playing whatsoever) or am I still
just an ass in your book?  Either way, I could care
less how you feel about me, but I’d like to be able to
have my bassist personality hook up with your fretless
guitar personality to make music (we don’t even need
to say hello or goodbye or shake hands or anything…we
can just plug in and go…and then pack up and go home
after jamming)