Re: BOSS DD5 (was:delay question / Vortex?)

...Boss DD-5 Digital Delay..."

>very cool pedal if you don't need long delay times.

i started out w/ this when i was sixteen and it has
remained at the front of my setup. simple and
powerful, it's so reliable as a standard delay before
running into everything else.

>if you connect a
>footpedal you can tap your tempo.

very accurate

> it also acts as a non-overdub looper
>(just hold down the pedal while in loop mode).
always thought this sucked, actually. i remember being
annoyed from the start w/ it only being two seconds,
and glitchy as hell because the loop point is preset.
it work for drones, but that was about all i could get
out of it.

>there's one setting
>(#7, i
>think) if you set the feedback and level to 100%,
play >a note, and mess
>with
>the delay time knob you get this really weird
>enharmonic resonance
>thing...very very cool, although i think this
>"feature" is accidental.

use this quite a bit, actually. i know i've mentioned
this twice here before, but i have beats in my sampler
that i created by dragging the guitar cord across my
hair (clipper cut) w/ full to near full feedback on
the dd5 (any setting that responds to delay time will
do this), and then tweaking to delay time knob to pull
out rythms w/ the "enharmonic resonance". kind of
sounds like sweeping ringmodded drums.

peace,

phil

peace
-jim

=====
"Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what
it's like to live inside somebody else's skin.
 It is the knowledge that there can never really be any
peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally
for you too."
                                   -Frederick Buechner
"The jewel is in the lotus."