Re: For G-bashers

> Does this mean Pat Metheny has usurped Robert Fripp as the Default
> Controversial Guitarist of Looping Discussion?

and to bring this all the way back to on topic...anyone ever hear the
<steve
reich> album 'different trains' w/ kronos quartet&*pat metheny*?
 the PM cut is called 'electric counterpoint' and is a loop composition
written by mr. reich(he calls them "canons").
here is an excerpt from the booklet: "In Electric Counterpoint the soloist
pre-records as many as ten guitars and two electric bass parts and then
plays the final 11th guitar part live against the tape.I would like to
thank
Pat Metheny for showing me how how to improve the piece by making it more
idiomatic for the guitar."

cool stuff