Re: Frank Zappa

>towards what the drummer and bassist could do. He
>said the reason he could do the stuff that was on
>the Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar set was because he
>had Vinnie Calutia drumming with the band that
>played on most of it (I suppose, therefore, that
>Guitar sounds the way it does because had Chad
>Wackerman on most of it).

Actually, and I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that
the whole ‘thing’ behind the guitar and shut up n’
play yer guitar albums is that the backing music was
written to the guitar solos.  I remember reading
somewhere (where I couldn’t tell you because I have so
much zappa stuff, that it would be impossible to pin
point, but I almost want to tell you to check the
liner notes of shut up n’ play) that he was going for
a new idea in writing by having the guitar solos and
then writing music to accompany the solos (pretty damn
creative approach imho)…which brings us to the
whole…what came first, the chicken or the egg? Or in
this case…what came first, the solo or the band n’ a
box track?

And for those of you looking to check out zappa, but
have no clue where to start…I got hooked from
apostrophe/overnight sensation, but still cling to
we’re only in it for the money as my personal fav!

Smell ya later,
E va n|s sa B