Re: OT: speaker cabinets/ ALSO Jammin on a groove...

Yea, My bass cabinet is an Epifani model T-210, at 400 watts RMS, this
cabinet has proven itself to be an incredible tool for the many players who
need a compact, yet powerful speaker enclosure. The newly re-designed T-210
delivers plenty of bottom end punch and clarity. Each cabinet is equipped
with two 10" 200W custom-made Epifani speakers and a 100W bullet tweeter
for
sparkling highs.
Speaker: 2 x 200W RMS Cast Aluminum Frame / 100W RMS Tweeter
Frequency Response: 39hz - 18khz / Usable Low Freq 32hz
Power Rating: 400W RMS (1200W Peak) 8/4 Ohms
Suggested Power Amp Wattage: 200W - 600W
Dimensions: 23" H x 18" W x 17 1/2" D
Weight: 59 lbs
more info can be found at http://www.epifani.com/cabinets.html

My bass amp is the I-AMP by Euphonic Audio (I own the Original I-Amp, the
models have changed slightly. Check em out at
http://www.euphonicaudio.com/)

And I must add, Danny & I had a great time Jammin' wit Evan Saturday night
at Electric Billy Land (hereinafter refered to as EBL). My man can PLAY the
electric bass, and is already quite proficient with his Repeater too.
(that's the 'knob-tweakin chops' as opposed to the '5 String elecric bass
chops'). Evan was totally happening on both counts, and we're going to get
him back again real soon fo some mo!!! Damn, I LOVE playing with Bass
Players that GROOVE ! Dan had some sweet stuff happenin with the RC-20 and
incorporated his Roland guitar synth quite nicely too. I didn't live loop
too much, but had a blast making mucho interesting noise on what has now
become known as the 'Big Ass Lectronic Drum Rig', a.k.a. BALDR (too
involved
to detail in this post).

More on the groove front....Dano & I went up to Danbury Connecticut on
Friday night to catch the John Scofield Quartety at Western Ct
State U. Excellent show. Very good band of young players, the bass player
played a Fender Mustang bass. Lot's of electronics, looping, pedals and
really solid grooves. Great drummer too, Adam Deitch. He's only 26 but has
already logged some serious gigs, including a couple of years with AWB, and
now with Sco for bout a year. I think Sco and Wayne Krantz are 2 of the
most
happening  musicians playing today, great players embracing the new
technologies, open structure improv jams with heavy modern groove elements.
Ya'll NYC folks should be sure to check out Wayne Krantz at his weekly
Thursday gig at 55 Bar, although I believe he's over in Europe for the
entire month of May, I'm sure the weekly Thursday tradition will continue
upon his return in June. I gotta get back down there myself, as that is
(IMHO) one of the most AMAZING trios playing today. Keith Carlock is truly
drummas' drumma, and Tim Lefebvre is a monsta bass player. If you haven't
already heard these guys, check out the MP3s on the web site,
www.waynekrantz.com,
the shit is a mind-blower.

I'm totally down for jammin with any other members on this list too, though
I'd prefer to do it in Rye at EBL, as BALDR is pretty much permanently
installed there as part of the studio. My mobile rig is pared down to
either
handsonic or zendrum + PlanetEarth module, or drumKAT with Rack Attck &
ER-1
or TD-10, or DMpro, but I hate havin to make choices, so let's try and do
it
at my place, that way I can also fir up the digital hard disc recorder and
document the session (which I forgot to do on Saturday, sorry bout that
Evan
& Dano).

One more thing, anybody read the Bill Laswell cover story in this months
BassPlayer magazine? I really dig most of the stuff he does, talk about
versatility!