RE: Native Instruments FM7

At 8:04 PM -0500 5/1/02, M. Steven Ginn wrote:

>one drawback I see is that you can't play multiple programs at the
>same time like you can on the TX81z (or any other FM synth as far as
>I know).

FM7 allows you to create multiple instances ("File/New Instance" or
Command-N) of the synthesizer and to assign each to its own MIDI
channel ("System/MIDI Settings..."). You are limited to eight
instances, which allows FM7 to be eight-part multitimbral. This
feature is not clearly explained in the manual, so it's easy to see
how you might have missed it.
Richard Zvonar                                  (818) 788-2202 voice
zvonar@zvonar.com                               (818) 788-2203 fax
http://www.zvonar.com