Re: basic loops

At 1:34 PM -0700 5/7/02, angelo valadon wrote:
>i want to loop a normal audio cassette tape, but i can't figure out
>how to provide the necessary tension/friction to make the tape spin.
>once detached from the wheel the wheels of course just turn without
>moving the tape.

Loop cassettes are available in various lengths. These will work in
any cassette deck, with the proviso that they are "single sided" -
that is the cassette is constructed to run in one direction only and
you can't flip it over or rewind it.

In my experience with loop cassettes I've found that there is
invariably a dropout at the punch in/out point. Perhaps someone else
has developed some techniques to circumvent this?

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com