re: basic loops

Hi all,

I've decided it's time to stop collecting gear for a while and actually
learn to use the gear I have.  I have an old PA, built like a tank and as
heavy as one, whit a built in tape echo unit.  It is made by FBT, and the
model is Personal 2004t.  It never came with the tape mechanism though, so
I've always just improvised with a basic loop.  Does anybody know anything
about these and the tape mechanism they utilise?

Secondly, I have an 8mm film splicer, and was wondering if this might be
put
to good use on reel to reel tape.  If so, anybody got any idea how to use
it?

Any other Australians lurching on this list?

regards,
michael noble