From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 3:40 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Looper Moving!

hahahaha, you must be joking. according to a recent SF chronicle story,
the
median home price in the bay area is now the highest ever, despite the
economy, at $402,000. That includes all the bad neighborhoods and poor
urban areas. You'll have to go more than 100 miles away to own a home
for
150K, like perhaps Nevada. Of course, traffic is so bad that commuting
from
100 miles away with all the other suburban refugees will take you longer

than it takes to fly here from Chicago.

And you're a web developer? oh sure, you'll find work easy. you and
about
500,000 other recently unemployed dot-commers in the area will be
competing
for the only available job, but assuming you can hack the competition,
you'll get it!

Pack your bags and come on out! The weather is great here.

kim

At 12:57 PM 6/3/2002, Brother Sean wrote:
>After being on this list now for around 8 months I have to say I m
quite
>jealous of you California Loopers.
>Having LoopStock and all I just can t resist anymore I feel compelled
>move closer to the action.
>Currently I m located in Chicago, IL. I m considering moving near the
bay
>area but very concerned
>about the cost of living. (Chicago isn t so inexpensive either but I
have
>heard frightening things about San Francisco) I m a freelance web
>developer and money is tight right now.
>
>Can any of you locals suggest any small towns within 50 100 miles of
San