Re: Looper Moving!

Kevin,

In a message dated 6/3/02 1:38:34 PM, kflint@loopers-delight.com writes:

>You'll have to go more than 100 miles away to own a home for
>150K, like perhaps Nevada.

Or try Oregon. Medford is only 361 miles away from SF  . . . an easy 5
to 6-hour commute down the interstate. Heh, heh. And houses in my
(modest but very nice) neighborhood are only around $125K.

Sorry to joke about it. Living in the "white hot center" of things is
expensive (especially if you have a family). That's why I fled north
from sunny California 5+ years ago. I was actually able to BUY
a house here and there's no sales tax!

In Santa Barbara, CA (my home territory) on the central coast,
the median range house goes for $639K. That's too rich for this
native son's blood . . . and then some.

I often miss what I consider to be my "real home" . . . and the beach.
But hey, CA is still a nice place to visit! My advice would be to stay
put and make something happen in your own neck of the woods and
then visit other places as often as you can afford.

Best,

Ted Killian